Major Overhaul of 20 Cylinder Ruston RK 270 Diesel Engines.Client:
Bay Ferries Management LtdIndustry:
Main and LE bearing replacement throughout, Facilitate lower landing repair of STBD Inner main engine following catastrophic failure of A7 Cylinder, Removal of STBD Inner main engine Auxiliary drive casing and crankshaft damper, Removal, and overhaul of aDate:
May – July 2015
GSE have been providing on-going service support to Bay Ferries management ltd since 2008. During scheduled maintenance periods, GSE continue to assist Bay Ferries with specialist support of Ruston Diesel powered fast ferries, operated by the Trinidad and Tobago inter-island ferry service.
The T&T Inter-island ferry service own two Vessels: T&T Express and T&T Spirit, which operate between Port of Spain and Tobago.
During its 2015 maintenance period on board T&T Spirit, situated in Port of Spain, Trinidad. GSE provided a team of 8 service engineers to carry out 30’000 hour overhaul on-board T&T Spirit to the Vessels 4 Ruston RK 270, 20 cylinder main propulsion engines.
Prior to commencement of work, special tooling as required to carry out the procedures was airfreighted from UK to Port of Spain.
Work specification included within the maintenance period:
- Main and LE bearing replacement throughout.
- Facilitate lower landing repair of STBD Inner main engine following catastrophic failure of A7 Cylinder.
- Removal of STBD Inner main engine Auxiliary drive casing and crankshaft damper.
- Removal, and overhaul of all main engine, gear driven Water and Oil pumps.
- Removal of original cylinder liners, to recondition and re-certify at local workshops.
- Recondition original connecting rods and re-certify.
- Replacement of all cylinder heads and Pistons.
- Facilitate overhaul of ABB TPL turbochargers.
- Replace CA Coolers throughout.
- Replace fuel injection equipment and re-time engines as required.